Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Junk Has Almost Landed!

I can't believe the calendar says it's already March!  But even if we didn't have a calendar, you can sure tell it's spring - all the baby calves popping up everywhere, the once brown grass is turning green and tiny buds are emerging everywhere we look. 

Sorry, this is no calf...it's Homer trying to figure out if he's one of them (I think so!)


One other glaring clue that it's March is when the sleepy little town of Warrenton, just a few miles up the road from us starts stirring.  

Photo credit: AntiqueWeekend.com

That's right, Antiques Weekend is only a couple of weeks away.  We've already noticed the cow-pastures-turned-vendor-spaces have started to emerge.  No, they're not setup yet, but the land owners are out getting things ready for the massive event.  If you're reading this and don't know what in the world I'm talking about - you must read THIS!  

Photo credit: AntiqueWeekend.com

And since Antiques Weekend = Junk, that can only mean that The Junk Gypsy Co will be coming to town.  They are Junk Rockstars and their booth is always packed with customers searching for that perfect piece of jewelry or t-shirt to feed their soul.

Photo credit: Gypsyville.com

Brad and I were SO.EXCITED. to find out that these awesome ladies are going to be our new neighbors!  That's right, they've purchased some land in Round Top, just 8 miles up the road from us and will be opening their retail shop there.  Kind makes me feel like I live in the Hollywood Hills and Julie Roberts just moved in next door...not really, but you know what I mean :)

So mark your calendars and make the journey to Antiques Weekend, you won't regret it!  There's a little something for everyone and you're sure to make some new friends too :)  If you plan on staying for a couple of days and need a place to rest your head - check out The Shelby Inn.  

They've still got a couple of spaces available, so don't wait too long to make your reservation.  If you call, tell them Britney sent you!

Happy Junkin Y'all!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. That's exciting that the Junk Gypsy's will have a store in Round Top! I always enjoy stopping by their booth at Warrenton. While walking in Warrenton be sure to stop by my father-in-laws antique corn grider in front of the Lutheran church to purchase his stone ground corn meal. It makes great cornbread and is really "homegrown-living"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I didn't realize he did that. I will most definitely stop by. We usually always grab a bite to eat at the booth the Lutheran church has out there, so I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm so excited to go to Warrenton this year! Well...I'm always excited to go :)

    ReplyDelete